FAQ(frequently asked questions)
1. Do I have to be naked all the time in the park or the house?
You do not have to be naturist at all times, but we do expect ALL guests to undress in the warmer weather. We are a naturist holiday park. No clothing is permitted in the swimming pool.
2. Do I need to sit on a towel?
Yes, it is naturist etiquette that all guests are expected to sit on their towels when undressed.
3. My wife and I would like to try naturism for the first time. Can you give any advice.
Southleigh is an ideal place to try naturism in a safe and relaxed environment. What some first timers do is wear a towel or sarong for the first half hour and then when they feel comfortable enough just remove them. Every naturist has had a first time. Usually after the first half hour you wonder why you felt so nervous.
4. We are a normal married couple in the mid-fifties, but have always been in the habit of being fully shaved. We wondered if you or your members took a dim view of this or is it perhaps normal nowadays. The last thing we want to do is upset anyone. Many thanks and sorry for any inconvenience. Yours, Philip and Judith.
Many guests are fully shaved. It is not a problem either way.
5. What is your stance on body piercings?
We do not have an issue with body piercings, but ask that they be discrete.
Do you allow Day Visits?
We do allow Day Visits. Please ring us the day before if possible on 01637 880938 so we know to expect you. You can visit from 10.30 a.m. until 11 p.m. if you wished. The charge is £12.50 per person for the day. Most visitors bring a packed lunch as food is not available at lunch times.
Singles and Same Sex Couples
Do you allow singles and same sex couples to visit?
All genuine naturists are welcome at Southleigh Manor.
1. What are the Opening times of the Leisure Area?
The Leisure Area opens at 9.30 a.m. every morning. The Jacuzzi is available from 10.30 a.m. until 10.30 p.m. You need to purchase for £3.50 to use the Jacuzzi and up to five people may use it. The token is placed in the slot which automatically starts up the Jacuzzi. It lasts approximately 15 minutes. The Sauna is available in the evenings from 7.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. The cost is £2.50 per person. If you wish to use it just let us know in the afternoon so that we can put it on for you. At other times four people or more can book the Sauna for a couple of hours at a cost of £10.
Bar and Bistro
1. What is the dress code in the bar?
We do not have a dress code in the bar in the evening. Some people prefer to dress in the evening others prefer not to. It is entirely up to the choice of the individual and what they feel comfortable with. If you are undressed we ask that you sit on a towel.
Are children allowed in the Bar?
2.We do not have a Children’s Licence in the Bar. They are permitted only if they are having a meal and accompanied by their parents. Drinks purchased from the bar can be taken into the Leisure Area and Conservatory which are adjacent to the Bar. Only food and drink purchased from the bar can be consumed in this area.
1. Are dogs allowed?
Well-behaved dogs are permitted but must be on a lead at all time and exercised off site. There is a small area by the main gate set aside for dogs to use. We ask that you pick up after your dog.
2. Where can they be exercised close by?
There is a field opposite us around the perimeter of which dogs may be taken. We will be happy to give you further information on beaches and other places to take your dog if you would like to contact us.
1. Do you have to be a member of any organisation to visit?
No. If you are a genuine naturist you are welcome to visit.
2. Where are you located?
We are situated in the middle of the county of Cornwall 7 miles from Newquay and 10 miles from Padstow.
3. Are cycles permitted?
We are not a large site, so you would probably not need to cycle anywhere. The roads are gravelled which are not ideal for cycling.
4. Do you offer camping for families?
Families are very welcome. We usually have a balance of families, couples and single people.
5. You have areas for tents and caravans. Do you allow camper vans to visit and if so how do you secure your spot if you go out for the day?
Yes we do allow camper vans. Each guest is shown to their allocated pitch, so it would not be a problem if you wished to go out for the day.
6. Do we have to be members of another Club to holiday with you?
No. You do not have to be a member of a Club to visit us. You just need to be genuine naturists.